AbdominoplastyAlso known as a tummy tuck, an abdominoplasty removes excess fat and skin. In most cases abdominoplasties produce an abdomen profile that is smoother and firmer by restoring weakened or separated muscles.
Sometimes methods such as exercise and weight control cannot achieve our goals toward a well-toned abdomen. Even people with otherwise normal body weight and proportion can develop an abdomen that protrudes or is loose and sagging.
Common causes of this include: pregnancy, aging, significant fluctuations in weight, heredity, or prior surgery. Abdominoplasty is a good option for you if you are physically healthy and have realistic expectations.
Mini abdominoplastyA mini tummy tuck can enhance the appearance of excess fat and loose, stretched out skin in the lower abdominal area. The main difference from an abdominoplasty is the umbilicus is not moved.
A flat and well-toned abdomen is something many of us strive for through exercise and weight control. Sometimes these methods cannot achieve our goals. Even individuals of otherwise normal body weight and proportion can develop an abdomen that protrudes or is loose and sagging.
The most common causes of this include: pregnancy, aging, significant fluctuations in weight, heredity, or prior surgery. Abdominoplasty is a good option for you if you are physically healthy and have realistic expectations.
PenniculectomyPanniculectomy is considered a necessity as patients lose great amounts of excess fat. People who have lost a substantial amount of weight through diet, exercise or bariatric surgery, as well as women who held on to their extra weight following pregnancy may be candidates for panniculectomy.
Panniculectomy is different from an abdominoplasty, because this procedure tends to remove a greater amount of excess fat and skin than abdominoplasty.
Post bariatric abdominoplastyPost Gastric Bypass is basically an abdominoplasty, removal of excess fat to create a slimmer flatter abdomen, that includes a vertical and horizontal incision to remove the most skin so that it's not loose and hanging. This procedure follows bypass surgery helping to return the abdominal area to a more normal appearance after a significant amount of weight loss due to Gastric Bypass.
"A tummy tuck is not a substitute for weight loss or an appropriate exercise program."Although the results of a tummy tuck are technically permanent, the positive outcome can be greatly diminished by significant fluctuations in your weight. For this reason, individuals who are planning substantial weight loss or women who may be considering future pregnancies may be advised to postpone a tummy tuck.
Also, a tummy tuck cannot correct stretch marks, although these may be removed or somewhat improved if they are located on the areas of excess skin that will be excised, generally those treated areas below the belly button.
Important facts about the safety and risks of abdominoplastyThe decision to have tummy tuck surgery is extremely personal and you'll have to decide if the benefits will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications are acceptable.
Your plastic surgeon and/or staff will explain in detail the risks associated with surgery. You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure you will undergo and any risks or potential complications.
Possible risks of abdominoplasty include:
- Unfavorable scarring
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Fluid accumulation
- Poor wound healing
- Skin loss
- Blood clots
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
- Anesthesia risks
- Skin discoloration and/or prolonged swelling
- Fatty tissue found deep in the skin might die (fat necrosis)
- Major wound separation
- Recurrent looseness of skin
- Pain, which may persist
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Persistent swelling in the legs
- Nerve damage
- Possibility of revision surgery
- Suboptimal aesthetic result
Tiny tummy Tuck
- Tiny tummy Tuck procedure is a minimally invasive procedure to get rid of excess skin that is often caused by major weight loss or stretched lower tummy skin from pregnancy.
- This procedure requires only local anaesthesia so patients are awake, talking and listening to their favourite music while we perform our procedure.. We can remove several inches of loose skin and only use dissolvable stitches, so you need not to worry about having your stitches removed. Also, there are no drains and recovery time is MINIMAL. Our patient is back at work and normal activities in only 3 days after surgery.
- It has helped some of our patients who have had major weight loss or multiple pregnancies completely transform their bodies.
- Return to normal activities in 3-5 days.
- No Stitch Removal Required
- No Drains
How much will cost?
- Surgeon's fee
- Hospital stay and operation theatre charges
- Anesthesia charges
- Medicines and consumables
- Pressure garments