Arm LiftAlso known as brachioplasty, Arm lift enhances the appearance of the under portion of the upper arm, from the axilla to the elbow.
What is an arm lift?Brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure that improves the shape of the under portion of the upper arm, from the axilla to the elbow. The procedure helps to:
- Reduce excess hanging skin
- Tightens and smoothens the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the arm
- Reduce localized fat in the upper arm region
A special note: In order to achieve improved image of arm , there will be a linear scar on the inside of your upper arm.
Is it right for me?
- Adults with significant upper arm hanging skin
- Adults of any age whose weight is stable and who are not morbidly obese.
- Healthy individuals without uncontrolled medical condition
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations
Depending on your specific conditions, incisions may be more limited. Then, underlying supportive tissue is tightened and reshaped with internal sutures. Finally, the skin is smoothed over the new contour of your arm.
Important facts about the safety and risks of brachioplasty
The risks include:
- Abnormal scarring
- Poor wound healing
- Wound infection
- Risk of anesthesia
- Skin necrosis
- Altered skin sensation
- Skin colour changes
- Major wound gap
- Fat necrosis and seroma formation
- Damage to the nerves and blood vessels.
These risk factors and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It is important that you address all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon.
When will you go home?
- Hospital stay will be 2-3 days after surgery.
Following your doctor's instructions is key to the success of your surgery.
The results will be long-lastingThe results of arm lift surgery will be long-lasting, provided that you maintain a stable weight and general fitness. As your body ages, it is natural to lose some firmness, but most of your improvement should be relatively permanent.
What is the arm lift surgery cost?
- Surgeon's fee
- Hospital stay and operation theatre charges
- Anesthesia charges
- Medicines and consumables
- Pressure garments